ABOUT BRENDAN HALL, THE LOVE THERAPIST
I began my professional journey as a Kindergarten teacher from New York City, and worked in the public school system in Manhattan and San Francisco for 6 years. While engaged in education theory and practice, I was highly involved in healing arts and mental health communities with personal and professional fascination.
It was a natural transition for me to move into coaching as I discovered my passion for working with adults as well as children. I created my own company, Holistic Life, as a vehicle to deliver cutting edge services such as Holistic Coaching and Energy Psychology in 2009.
In 2013, I completed my Masters in Counseling Psychology at CIIS. I now provide psychotherapy and relationship coaching to individuals and couples in the Bay Area – and love my work!
FIND ME ON THE WEB
I value relationships and service.
I was raised in a family that stressed the importance of giving back to the community. Since I was 15, I’ve worked and volunteered in non-profits, schools and agencies that I believed in.
In 2009, I left teaching to create my own company so I’d have the freedom to do the work of coaching, counseling and healing. Today, I couldn’t be more enthusiastic with what I do and with who I get the honor of working with – amazing individuals like yourself.
Navigating the world around us can be difficult. I am privileged to journey with clients through life and facilitate change. I believe that deep within our minds and hearts, we are fundamentally hard wired for growth and healing. Having the right support and guidance is critical so that we can break through and re-wire our core beliefs, emotions and negative patterns. Together, we can look at past and current relationships, develop your support network and build more awareness to improve your overall well-being.
- Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT) Training with Hans Stahlschmidt, Berkeley, CA 2016
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) Training with Chip Cooper, San Francisco, CA 2016
- AEDP Essential Skills with Karen Pando-Mars, San Francisco, CA 2015-2016
- Couples Consultation Group with Dr. Michael Klein, San Francisco, CA 2014 Ongoing
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Immersion Course with Diana Fosha, Vancouver, BC 2014
- EFT Advanced Core Skills Trainings with Rebecca Jorgensen, San Francisco, CA 2014
- Level 3 Internship Training Program at Oak Creek Counseling Center, Private Practice Internship – Somatic and Humanistic Psychotherapy with Drew Hutchinson, MFT, San Francisco, CA 2014
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy with Dr. Ellyn Bader, San Francisco, CA2013 – 2014
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Couples Externship with Dr. Scott Woolley and Dr. Lisa Palmer-Olsen, San Diego, CA 2013
- Level 2 Internship Training Program at Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement – Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychotherapy with Sheryl Pliskin, MFT, San Francisco, CA 2013-2014
- Level 1 Practicum Training Program at The Clinic Without Walls – Psychodynamic and Dialectical Behavioral Psychotherapy with Mark Purcell, PsyD, San Francisco, CA 2012-2013
- Non-Violent Communication Foundations 1 & 2 through BayNVC with Nancy Kahn, San Francisco, CA 2012
- Holistic Life Coaching Credential Program at The Spencer Institute, Los Angeles, CA 2009
- Levels I, II & III Emotional Freedom Techniques Practitioner Certification, San Francisco & San Diego, CA 2009-2010
- Community Mental Health Program: Masters in Counseling Psychology at California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA 2011-2013
- Multiple Subject Credential & Masters in Teaching at University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 2004-2006
- Bachelors of Arts at Eugene Lang College, New School University, Major: Education, San Francisco, CA 2000-2004