I Value Relationships and Service
Growing up, I experienced traumas within my family, schools and community in upstate New York. I was highly sensitive and didn't fit the mold of a typical "boy". Even though I often was harassed and shamed for who I was, I also had several family members, teachers and mentors along the way who aided me in recognizing that I am beautiful and perfect as I am. They encouraged me to focus my rage and wounding into the commitment I hold today: to help others to heal and shine.
I was taught the value of serving the community as a young person. Since I was 14, I have been caring for and working with others to facilitate social justice and mind body spirit health.
I began my professional journey as a Kindergarten teacher from New York City, and worked in the public school system in Manhattan and San Francisco for 6 years. While engaged in education theory and practice, I was highly involved in healing arts and mental health communities with personal and professional fascination.
It was a natural transition for me to move into coaching as I discovered my passion for working with adults as well as children. I created my own company, Holistic Life, as a vehicle to deliver cutting edge services such as Holistic Coaching and Energy Psychology (EFT or Tapping) in 2009.
In 2013, I went back to graduate school and completed my Masters in Counseling Psychology at CIIS. I became licensed in 2014 and now provide psychotherapy and relationship coaching to individuals and couples in the Bay Area – and love my work!
Masters in Counseling Psychology • California Institute of Integral Studies • San Francisco, CA • 2013
- Multiple Subject Credential & Masters in Teaching • USF • San Francisco, CA • 2006
- Bachelors of Arts (Major: Education) • Eugene Lang College, New School University • New York City, NY • 2004
- “Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT) I & II” Training with Hans Stahlschmidt • Berkeley, CA • 2016-2017
- “AEDP Essential Skills I & II” with Karen Pando-Mars • San Francisco, CA • 2015-2017
- “Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) Training” with Chip Cooper • San Francisco, CA • 2016
- “Couples Consultation Group" with Dr. Michael Klein • San Francisco, CA • 2014-2016
- “Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Immersion Course” with Diana Fosha • Vancouver, BC • 2014
- “EFT Advanced Core Skills” with Rebecca Jorgensen • San Francisco, CA • 2014
- “The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy” with Dr. Ellyn Bader • San Francisco, CA • 2013-14
- “Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Couples Externship” with Dr. Scott Woolley and Dr. Lisa Palmer-Olsen • San Diego, CA • 2013
- “Non-Violent Communication Foundations 1 & 2” through BayNVC with Nancy Kahn • San Francisco, CA • 2012
- “Holistic Life Coaching Credential Program” at The Spencer Institute • Los Angeles, CA • 2009
- “Levels I, II & III Emotional Freedom Techniques Practitioner Certification” • San Francisco & San Diego, CA • 2009-2010
I look forward to meeting you!
Contact me for a free 20-minute chat to see if we’d be a good fit to work together.